Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sprouted Spicy Asian Mung

I used leftover soup for this which was made of seaweed, shiitake mushrooms and Korean gochujang (spicy red paste). I simply cooked up some sprouted mung beans in the soup, which reduced a little bit making a bit of a stew! 

I added some dried ginger as well to bring the otherwise cooling dish some heat that would go to my centre (dried ginger warms your inside whereas fresh ginger warms the periphery, but the seaweed/mung combination is very cooling for the centre of the body and so a little dried ginger helps balance that if you're eating this in mid-winter!... too much information? I think it's cool!....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments encouraging and positive as this site is intended to empower! Thank you!...