Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ethiopian Excitement


My first time sampling Ethiopian food! Shazam!

Sharla treated us to this delectable dish and my taste buds were thoroughly impressed!
Served on "injera" a flat, spongey bread made of teff flour, we had our nosh in little piles ready to be eaten with our hands, using the injera. So neat!

Whole foods to a 'T', we ate beans, veggies, and grain sides that I still haven't wrapped my mind around yet (but my injera had no problems wrapping around it... neither did my mouth), I think I have to do some research into traditional Ethiopian cooking as this was just too good to be real.. but it was,. I assure you!! These pictures are real!! I hope we go back next time I'm in Chicago, I'll take some more pictures and blog again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharla,

    This is my first time seeing that you have a blog!!! Awesome! I love Ethiopian, and have been cooking it at home lately. I am lucky enough to have a 7-11 near me that sells Injera! Today for lunch I had a really yummy chickpea wat.....what??
    -Your old friend, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Please make comments encouraging and positive as this site is intended to empower! Thank you!...