Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, April 10, 2009

Vegetable & Sprout Scrambly Wambly



Really.. sprouting is supposed to maximize the benefits of raw foods, thus it would make sense to eat them raw - as they are wee living organisms full of potential and life, just eager to bust out in the world and make a difference - well they do, definitely,.. on your liver, blood, heart and so on. But what if you feel like eating warm and cooked food, but also feel like the refreshing, energizing effects of sprouts. Cook 'em!!

By now I think I've probably insulted or offended the raw food advocate by cooking precious young greens as sprouts. I feel like I bastardized the food, like teaching a 2 year old swear words or something. Sure cooking destroys some of the benefits of their cleansing, reducing nature, but the sprouts contain so many more benefits than just they're reducing abilities - in fact, I'm not interested in reducing or cleansing right now, my focus is to build myself. Build my immunity, tissues, strength, liver, gusto.. you get it, and so I went with my instinct to cook these wiggly hair like green fellows. It was the first time I've ever done it.

I ended up eating about 3-4 large clamshells of sprouts that week, as greens always shrink when heated, and are much less rough getting down. They make my stomach happy. (Going back to clamshells.. I REALLY don't like those plastic tubs that greens and sprouts come in!! We've got to think of something better to transport those fellows in!... actually, solution: grow them yourself!) I usually don't buy the cramshell lettuces, greens and sprouts through the winter because it's not really what I crave (or need) in the winter, and it's so readily and locally available in the summer that you don't get them in those nasty plastic things, but it's spring now, and these dandy sprouts were hollering at me from across the store for me to put them in my basket, and consequently in my stomach (but first the pan). I digressed...

SO.. what is this beauty of a feast on my plate? Sauteed veg, then scramble eggs, then at the last moment (just after the eggs go in) toss in some sprouts and mix 'em around. In just a moment, when the eggs start solidifying - you're finished! I garnished with a half avocado and some spice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make comments encouraging and positive as this site is intended to empower! Thank you!...